While magazines and style blogs are full of ways to make your behind look smaller, many women have the opposite problem. Athletic body types, tomboy figures, small frames or bodies where weight is carried mostly in the stomach might benefit from learning a few simple tricks to give you the illusion of larger butt and more evenly proportioned body. Try out some of the suggestions below to see what ideas work best for you.
- Jeans with higher pockets will keep your jeans from sagging. They'll draw the eye up to the rounder part of your behind. We like the pockets on the See Thru Soul Jean to the left.
- Flap pockets can add volume, but keep them fairly small- like the ones on Rock Revival's Jeans or Miss Me Jeans. Over sized pockets will end up making you look flatter.
- AVOID baggy jeans and jeans that sag at the behind. A saggy behind will just give you a lovely deflated balloon look and draw negative attention to an area where it is least desired. Jeans with stretch will hug your behind instead of just hanging on it and make sure it has a snug fit. Try 7 for All Mankind for the perfect cotton to stretch ratio.
- Lighter washes, especially with fading/sanding on the butt, will also make you appear larger. We like the collection of lighter wash jeans from Big Star. They often have flap pockets to further in enhance your curves.
- A straight or skinny leg will give you a rounder behind. By making you narrower at the ankle, you will appear fuller at the butt. The Oaxaca Skinny Jean by MEK Denim or the Audrey Skinny by Silver Jeans will give you the perfect proportion.